Personal Development Education (PDE)
Personal development is a combination of Citizenship, SRE (Sex and relationships education) and PSHE and Careers
Key Stage 3
Students in KS3 will cover:
- Self Esteem
- Confidence in School Skills
- Friendships and Relationships
- Sex and Relationships
- Careers – Who am I? What am I good at? Where do I want to go in life?
- Financial Management for Teens
- Emotional Health – Skills and Identification
- Internet Safety
Key Stage 4
Students in KS4 will cover all of the same topic areas as KS3 but to a higher level and using age appropriate topics for example:
- Sex and Relationships- consent, contraception, understanding abusive relationships, teen pregnancy.
- Careers – Where next. Researching Post 16 Options and Career Choices and Routes.
- Emotional Health – Exam Stress, Families and Conflict.