Computing and ICT
Key Stage 3
In years 7, 8 and 9 students will study a range of topics including:
- Programming and development
- Data and data representation
- Hardware and processing
- Communications and networks
- Information technology
Key Stage 4
Pupils will have the opportunity to study aspects of information technology and computer science at sufficient depth to allow them to progress to higher levels of study or to a professional career.
All pupils should be taught to:
- develop their capability, creativity and knowledge in computer science, digital media and information technology
- develop and apply their analytic, problem-solving, design, and computational thinking skills
- understand how changes in technology affect safety, including new ways to protect their online privacy and identity, and how to identify and report a range of concerns.
Key Stage 5
Computer Science and ICT are available at 6th form.