It is both a pleasure and a privilege to welcome you Manshead Church of England Academy’s website. Here at Manshead CE Academy, we have a strong, caring, Christian ethos and aim to provide learners with a high quality, broad and balanced curriculum; we place great emphasis on striving for personal success whatever the starting point for the individual. I am confident that whatever the abilities, talents and needs of your child, we will be able to support, encourage and challenge them to reach their potential.
Why choose Manshead CE Academy?
- Our vision: “I will lift my eyes to the hills” (Psalm 121) seeks to raise the aspirations of all; ensure that all set the highest ambitions for themselves and pursue excellence in all aspects of life.
- Our core purpose: learners first in everything that we do
- We are very proud of the broad and balanced curriculum we offer at Manshead CE Academy. We aim to ensure that each learner enjoys their time with us and that they each achieve success in every course they study from Year 7 to Year 13.
- Personal Development Education (PDE) at Manshead CE Academy ensures that learners acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to manage their lives now and in the future. As part of a whole-academy approach, PDE develops the qualities and attributes learners need to thrive as individuals, family members and members of society.
- Outcomes for learners at Manshead CE Academy continue to improve year on year. The 2017 GCSE Progress 8 score is the best score of all secondary schools in Dunstable and the A level results are in the top 10% nationally (ALPS2).
We are proud that our Academy is sponsored by the Diocese of St Albans Multi-Academy Trust. Following the principles used to establish Church of England schools in the 1800s, the Diocese of St Albans Multi-Academy Trust remains committed to providing a locally based high-quality education to meet the needs of their local community, whilst benefiting from a regional network of support. The attachment below outlines the Key Priorities for the academy and trust over the 2017-2018 academic year.
The best way to see Manshead CE Academy is to visit during the normal Academy day. I am available to give prospective parents and students a tour of the academy and to answer any questions you may have.
I look forward to meeting you and working in partnership to ensure your child achieves their very best and enjoys their time at Manshead CE Academy.