Vision & Values
“High achievement and a strong sense of well-being for all is our shared responsibility”
We have a shared vision of high quality education for all so that all can flourish, providing students with a high quality learning experience, in a caring and supportive learning environment, underpinned by a strong Christian ethos.
This is underpinned by a core set of values:-
- Knowledge and Wisdom – We encourage all in the academy to seek the knowledge, wisdom and the skills needed to shape life well.
- Hope and Aspiration – We aim to give all in the academy hope and raise aspirations for their life ahead.
- Dignity and Respect – We value all in the academy and expect members of our community to treat themselves, others and the environment with dignity and respect.
- Faith and Compassion – We develop all in their understanding of Christian belief, worship and lifestyle and they are encouraged to be generous in their concern for others.
The Bible verse, “I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29v11) reflects our trying to align our plans with God’s plans so that we can give all our pupils a sense of hope, well-being and aspiration for the future.
Our Commitment is to
- provide an education based on students’ individual needs, building self-esteem and motivation, rewarding progress and promoting independence and a genuine love of learning.
- empower all members of the school to progress, so they can make a positive contribution to the wider community, experience success and live happy, healthy, fulfilled
- work together with parents, governors and the wider community to meet the needs of our students.
- act with professionalism and kindness in all we do and expect the students to demonstrate empathy, respect and acceptance for themselves and others.
- safeguard emotional and physical wellbeing, and promote the very best in effort, resilience and achievement without compromise.