Code of Conduct
It is very important that behaviour in classrooms supports a good learning environment for all students. Our expectations are set out in the Behaviour for Learning Code of Conduct, which is consistent across all teaching rooms and all subjects.
We expect students to:
- Arrive promptly to lessons
- Come to lessons dressed in the correct uniform and with the correct equipment
- Be prompt in starting work and following instructions
- Speak only when is appropriate and make sure that discussion is based on the content of the lesson
- Be respectful towards staff and other students. You must respect everyone’s right to be heard and everyone’s right to learn
- Complete all work set to the best of your ability
- Show that you are ready to learn e.g. by sitting up straight, facing the front and raising your hand to speak.
- Ensure any mobile devices are switched off, in your Yondr pouch in your bag.
- Sit where you are asked to sit
- Follow the instructions of the teacher without fuss or argument.