The Drama department is a safe place where all can express themselves! Performance, Devising and appreciation underpins Drama through all the key stages.
Key Stage 3
In year 9 students study a range of topics including:
- Let Him Have It- True Story
- Contrasting Drama practitioners such as Stanislavski and Brecht
- Performances from a script
- Devising from a stimuli/theme e.g. Fame
Key Stage 4
Drama is offered at GCSE level as an option subject in year 10 and 11. Students will have the opportunity to study three key skills:
- Devising- improvisation and scripted
- Performance- from a given text
- Appreciation. Students will analyse their own work and the work of others. The students study a play which they write about on the end of Year 11 exam.
Key Stage 5
Building onto GCSE skills students continue to:
- Appreciate on a more analytical level incorporating their own directorial ideas and contextual factors. Various plays are studied in depth both through practical and theory mediums.