The Dance department is an exciting a creative place to be! Choreography, performance and appreciation underpins Dance through all the key stages.
Key Stage 3
In year 9 students study a range of topics including:
- World Dance (range of Dance styles and techniques)
- Urban (Hip Hop and Parkour)
- Professional works and companies
- Group choreographies and performances
Key Stage 4
Dance is offered at GCSE level as an option subject in year 10 and 11. Students will have the opportunity to study three key skills:
- Appreciation. Students will analyse their own work and the work of others. They will study two professional works in preparation for the 1 hour written paper at the end of year 11.